This event was open to non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, government agencies, and individuals of all ages!
This event was sponsored by the Strategic Action Planning Group on Aging and the Colorado Department of Local Affairs.
Join us at The Future of Aging in Colorado Conference! We are inviting Coloradans from across the state to work together to improve the lives of people as they age today, and for decades to come. We will have representatives from non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, government agencies, and individuals of all ages, assessing where we are today and exploring partnerships to move the aging agenda forward.
- Gain understanding about Master Plans on Aging and where Colorado stands relative to other states – presented by the SCAN Foundation
- Hear about Colorado’s specific efforts toward developing a Master Plan and how that ties with the Modernization of the Older Coloradans Act and Lifelong Colorado
- Learn about the latest developments and improvements to AARP’s Livability Index – just rolled out in April, 2022. This index can be applied using an address, zip code, city, or county throughout the state and scores different categories like health, transportation and housing, providing the user with indicators describing the community conditions where they live
- Increase awareness about the demographic changes and their impact on housing and workforce issues in Colorado, looking more closely at differences in rural and urban geographies
- Participate in a World Café interactive session focused on building the engine that drives the changes needed to make Colorado the best place to grow old
- Network and connect, both in-person and virtually, with stakeholders who are invested in building a vision on aging that moves Colorado forward
- Consider the role of the legislatively updated Colorado Commission on Aging in policy development and how you can become involved
The in person and virtual event are FREE compliments of the Strategic Action Planning Group on Aging (SAPGA) and the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA).
Complimentary buffet lunch included with the in-person event, along with amazing networking opportunities.
Our Event Partner
Organizations attending will have opportunities to network at this event.